General Caregiving Support
- Children of Aging Parents
- National Family Caregivers Association
- Caring Connections
- Red Cross Family Caregiving
- National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers
- The Caregivers Voice
Locators and Referrals
- National Association of Area Agencies on Aging
- Eldercare Locator: connecting you to community services
- Meals on Wheels Association of America
- Hospice Foundation
- Funeral Resources
- A Place for Mom: Free search for senior care
- National Adult Day Service Association, Inc.
- National Respite Locator Service
- Visiting Nurse Association of America
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization
- National Council on Aging
- Alzheimer’s Disease Education & Referral Center
- Senior Healthcare Locator
- Elder Hostel
- National Safety Council
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS)
- Key Bank Financial Planning
- LegalZoom.com: wills, etc.
- Reverse Mortgages
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Five Wishes Living Wills
- Social Security Administration
- National Senior Citizens Law Center
- Leading Age
- American Bar Association Commission on Law and Aging
- Alzheimer’s Association
- National Institute of Mental Health
- American Cancer Society
- American Parkinson Disease Association
- American Heart Association
- The National Alliance on Mental Illness
- National Institute on Health-Senior Health
- Growth House
- National Arthritis Foundation
- Aging with Dignity
- American Occupational Therapy Association
Advocacy and Research
- Family and Caregiver Alliance: advocacy, research, advice
- National Council on the Aging
- National Institute on Aging
- National Senior Citizen Law: protecting the rights of low-income older adults
- Aging Avenues: senior care guide, senior services directory, referral service
- American Association of Retired Persons
- American Society on Aging
- Alliance for Aging Research
- Medicare Nursing Home Comparative Data
- Meggin McIntosh, Ph.D.
Meggin McIntosh, Ph.D. (known as the Ph.D. of Productivity™) works with smart people who want to stay focused and productive – even if life is a bit chaotic around the
- Vick Kind
Clinical bioethicist, Viki Kind, helps professionals and families to make the difficult decisions for those who lack capacity.
- Julie Hall, The Estate Lady®
Julie Hall is an estate expert dealing with the personal property loved one’s leave behind. Estate dissolution options, valuations and assisting grieving families in making the appropriate decisions during the estate settlement process is her specialty.
- Marie Gibson
Author of The Caregiver’s Journal. A simple yet powerful tool that helps make sense of an overwhelming hospital experience by tracking and organizing your hospital stay.
- Francine Russo
Author of And They are Your Parents too. A tool for understanding and improving sibling communications and emotions as parents age.
- Martin Sabel
The life of a family caregiver gets complicated. Visit Martin’s website to simplfy yours.
- Karen Taylor Good
Grammy-nominated singer and songwriter
- Leslie Kernisan, MD MPH
Leslie Kernisan, MD MPH, is a practicing geriatrician with a special interest in educating and empowering family caregivers. For tips on better healthcare for aging adults, and information about upcoming caregiver education events, visit her website at www.drkernisan.net.